Published by the American College of Sports Medicine, this top-selling text guides readers from an introduction to the profession and the science behind the field through the building blocks of a successful exercise program and ultimately the establishment of a successful personal training practice. Engaging case studies and study features help ensure the retention for success on the ACSM-CPT exam and provide prospective and practicing Personal Trainers with both the tools and scientific evidence to build safe and effective exercise programs for a variety of clients.
- NEW! Update content aligned with the 11th edition of ACSM’s Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription prepares students to confidently perform the most effective client fitness assessments and create successful resistance training programs.
- UPDATED! Full-color photographs clarify concepts and techniques.
- Chapter objectives keep students focused on the most vital content.
- Case Studies provide essential practice applying concepts to realistic scenarios commonly encountered by Certified Personal Trainers.
- Key Points and chapter summaries reinforce important chapter takeaways.
- Supporting videos, accessible within the VitalSource eBook and on thePoint, reinforce your understanding of the latest concepts and techniques.
- eBook available. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.