Manage your anxiety and create a calmer, more peaceful life
Feel like life is out of control? The world has taken some crazy turns, and you don’t know how to handle the concerning and ever-changing environment? This engaging guide is packed with techniques you can use immediately to overcome your worries and gain control of your life. You’ll pinpoint your triggers, discover the latest therapies, and make lifestyle changes that will have you feeling better fast.
• Update all references from DMS IV to DSM V, including deleting discussion of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) which have been removed from the category of Anxiety Disorders in DSM V. Sidebars will be used to discuss this change in conceptualization.
• Treatment chapters will focus on teaching empirically supported strategies that can cut across diagnostic categories.
• Updates throughout will be made to reflect changes in technology and social media.
• We will add motivational interviewing techniques and stages of change.
• Medications and other biological interventions will be updated.
• Mindful Acceptance will be expanded and moved to the treatment section because of new, empirical support.
• Updates will be made to the chapter on lifestyle, and a new chapter will be devoted to meditation as part of a healthy lifestyle.
• Will significantly expand chapter on health anxiety to include pandemic related fears and strategies for coping.
• Case examples will be updated and made more diverse. Several examples will be included that involve COVID-19 related fears.
• Modifications to typical exposure treatments will be discussed in relation to COVID-19.