The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide What You and Your Family Need to Knowby Miklowitz, David J.
Downloadable: 120 Days
Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Table of Contents
I. The Experience and Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
1. How This Book Can Help You Survive--and Thrive
2. Understanding the Experience of Bipolar Disorder
3. Into the Doctor’s Court: Getting an Accurate Diagnosis
4. “Is It an Illness or Is It Me?”: Coping with the Diagnosis
II. Laying the Foundation for Effective Treatment
5. Where Bipolar Disorder Comes From: Genetics, Biology, and Stress
6. What Medications and Psychotherapy Can Do for You
7. Coming to Terms with Your Medications
III. Practical Strategies for Staying Well
8. Tips to Help You Manage Moods
9. Heading Off the Escalation of Mania
10. Halting the Spiral of Depression
11. Overcoming Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings
12. For Women Only: What You Need to Know about Bipolar Disorder and Your Health
13. Succeeding at Home and at Work: Communication, Problem-Solving Skills, and Dealing Effectively with Stigma
14. “Does My Child Have Bipolar Disorder?”: How Would You Know and What Should You Do?
Resources for People with Bipolar Disorder
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.