Brief Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Suicide Preventionby Bryan, Craig J.; Rudd, M. David
Downloadable: 120 Days
Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
M. David Rudd, PhD, ABPP, is President of the University of Memphis, where he is also Distinguished University Professor of Psychology. He is also Co-Founder and Scientific Director of the National Center for Veterans Studies at the University of Utah. Dr. Rudd is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association, the International Academy of Suicide Research, and the Academy of Cognitive Therapy, and has been elected a Distinguished Practitioner and Scholar of the National Academies of Practice in Psychology. He previously served as chair of the Texas State Board of Examiners of Psychologists, president of the Texas Psychological Association, president of the American Association of Suicidology, and a member of the American Psychological Association’s Council of Representatives. Dr. Rudd’s research focuses on the treatment of suicidal patients. He has published over 200 scientific articles and numerous books on the clinical care of suicidal individuals, and is considered an international leader in suicide prevention.
Table of Contents
1. Why Brief Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy to Prevent Suicide?
2. Conceptualizing Suicide: The Suicidal Mode
3. Core Principles of Treatment with Suicidal Patients
4. Suicide Risk Assessment and Its Documentation
5. Monitoring Treatment Progress
6. An Overview of Brief Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
II. The First Session
7. Describing the Structure of Brief Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
8. Narrative Assessment
9. Treatment Log and Case Conceptualization
10. Crisis Response Plan
III. Phase One: Emotion Regulation and Crisis Management
11. Treatment Planning and Commitment to Treatment Statement
12. Means Safety Counseling and Crisis Support Plan
13. Targeting Sleep Disturbance
14. Relaxation and Mindfulness Skills Training
15. Reasons for Living List and Survival Kit
IV. Phase Two: Undermining the Suicidal Belief System
16. ABC Worksheets
17. Challenging Questions Worksheets
18. Patterns of Problematic Thinking Worksheets
19. Activity Planning and Coping Cards
V. Phase III: Relapse Prevention
20. Relapse Prevention Task and Ending Treatment
Appendix A. Patient Forms and Handouts
A1. The Suicidal Mode
A2. Patient Information Sheet about Brief Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (BCBT) to Prevent Suicide Attempts
A3. Treatment Plan Template
A4. Commitment to Treatment Statement
A5. Means Safety Plan
A6. Crisis Support Plan
A7. Improving Your Sleep Handout
A8. ABC Worksheet
A9. Challenging Questions Worksheet
A10. Patterns of Problematic Thinking Worksheet
Appendix B. Clinician Tools
B1. Fidelity Checklists
B2. Suicide Risk Assessment Documentation Template
B3. Crisis Response Plan Template
B4. Possible Warning Signs
B4. Common Self-Management Strategies
B5. Relaxation Script
B6. Mindfulness Script
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.