Davis Advantage for Basic Nursing combines an innovative text with an immersive online program that make this challenging but must-know content easier to master by making learning personal. Together, they create a seamless experience that tracks each student’s progress and assesses their knowledge until they have mastered the concepts and are ready to apply them in class, clinical, and practice.
A comprehensive approach to care promotes critical thinking and clinical judgment to teach students how to “Think Like a Nurse” from the very first day. A consistent and concise organization along with a wealth of pedagogical features emphasizes the Thinking, Doing, and Caring at the heart of professional practice.
In every chapter, students first explore the theoretical knowledge behind key Fundamentals concepts. Then, they learn the practical knowledge guided by the nursing process; and finally, the skills and procedures for safe and effective nursing care.
ONLINE (DAVIS ADVANTAGE)
Using a unique and proven approach across a Learn-Apply-Assess continuum, Davis Advantage engages students and helps them make the connections to key topics. Whether teaching in-person or online, this complete, integrated solution aligns seamlessly with the textbook and equips instructors with actionable analytics to track students’ progress, remediate where needed, and facilitate an active learning environment.
The foundation of the Davis Advantage platform, Personalized Learning, immerses students in an online learning experience tailored to their needs. Students are assessed on their comprehension of key topics from the text, and then are guided through animated mini-lecture videos and dynamic activities to reinforce learning and bring concepts to life.
APPLY—Clinical Judgment (NEW!)
Clinical Judgment elevates students’ critical thinking and clinical reasoning, helping them to build the clinical judgment skills they need to practice safe and effective nursing care and to prepare for the Next Generation NCLEX® with confidence. Progressive case studies featuring real-life, complex clinical situations challenge students to apply their knowledge, make informed decisions, and evaluate outcomes.
Quizzing uses NCLEX®-style questions for assessment and remediation. Its adaptive, question-based format provides the additional practice students need to test their knowledge, master course content, and perform well on course and board exams.
- NEW! Clinical Judgment component now in Davis Advantage
- EXPANDED & ENHANCED! Increased focus on Clinical Judgment reflecting the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model (CJMM) and the relationships among the nursing process, critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and clinical judgment
- NEW! “Critical-Thinking and Clinical Judgment” scenario with questions added to each chapter
- UPDATED! “Example Client Conditions” to reflect CJMM
- REVISED! Nursing process chapters combined into a single chapter to better explain the interconnectedness of each step in the Nursing Process.
- EXPANDED & ENHANCED! Focus on patient advocacy
- NEW! Procedure for how to use an incentive spirometer