William D. Bowman is Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Director of the Mountain Research Station at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Sally D. Hacker is Professor of Integrative Biology at Oregon State University, Corvallis.
Table of Contents
1. The Web of Life
Unit 1: Organisms and Their Environment
2. The Physical Environment
3. The Biosphere
4. Coping with Environmental Variation: Temperature and Water
5. Coping with Environmental Variation: Energy
Unit 2: Evolutionary Ecology
6. Evolution and Ecology
7. Life History
8. Behavioral Ecology
Unit 3: Populations
9. Population Distribution and Abundance
10. Population Dynamics
11. Population Growth and Regulation
Unit 4: Species Interactions
15. Mutualism and Commensalism
Unit 5: Communities
16. The Nature of Communities
17. Change in Communities
19. Species Diversity in Communities
Unit 6: Ecosystems
21. Energy Flow and Food Webs
22. Nutrient Supply and Cycling
Unit 7: Applied and Large-Scale Ecology
23. Conservation Biology
24. Landscape Ecology and Ecosystem Management
25. Global Ecology
Appendix: Some Metric Measurements Used in Ecology
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.