Essential Foundations of Economicsby Bade, Robin; Parkin, Michael
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
ALERT:¿Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you¿select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition,¿you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For one-semester Principles of Economics courses at two- and four-year colleges and universities
A practice-oriented learning system that breaks the traditional textbook mold
To help students focus on the most important concepts–and effectively practice application of those concepts– Essential Foundations of Economics is structured around a Checklist/Checkpoint system. The result is a patient, confidence-building program that prepares students to use economics in their everyday lives, regardless of what their future career will be.
This program provides a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. It will help you to:
• Personalize learning with MyEconLab: This online homework, tutorial, and assessment program engages students in learning and provides instructors tools to keep students on track.This package contains:
• Encourage students to learn by doing: A Checklist/Checkpoint system provides a practice-oriented framework that enables active learning.
• Command student attention and foster interest in the course: Engaging features draw students into the material, and keep them focused throughout the course.
• Provide engaging, fully updated content: New and updated material on contemporary topics better motivates students to discover the economic way of thinking.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. The U.S. and Global Economies
3. The Economic Problem
4. Demand and Supply
II. A Closer Look at Markets
5. Elasticities of Demand and Supply
6. Efficiency and Fairness of Markets
7. Government Actions in Markets
8. Global Markets in Action
9. Externalities: Pollution, Education, and Health Care
III. Prices, Profits, and Industry Performance
10. Production and Cost
11. Perfect Competition
13. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly
IV. Monitoring the Macroeconomy
14. GDP: A Measure of Total Production and Income
15. Jobs and Unemployment
16. The CPI and the Cost of Living
V. Understanding the Macroeconomy
17. Potential GDP and Economic Growth
18. Money and the Monetary System
19. Aggregate Supply and Aggregate Demand
20. Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.