The 7th Edition of a multiple AJN Book of the Year Award Winner!
Prepare for the real world of family nursing care!
Explore family nursing the way it’s practiced today in the United States and Canada—with a theory-guided, evidence-based approach to care throughout the family life cycle that responds to the needs of families and adapts to the changing dynamics of the health care system. From healthpromotion to end of life, a streamlined organization delivers the clinical guidance you need to care for today’s families.
- Updated, Revised & Expanded!Incorporating the science and evidence-based knowledge that reflects the changes in families, family health, health policy, and the environment which affect the health of families today
- New! Practice and reflection questions for every case study to help nursing students develop their ability to reflect on their practice of working with families which can challenge their own assumptions, beliefs, and biases
- New Chapter! Environmental Health and Families
- Revised! Relational Nursing and Family Nursing in Canada now appearing in the text rather than online
- New! NCLEX®-style questions in the Appendix to develop critical-thinking and clinical judgment skills related to family nursing
- A comprehensive overview of family nursing linking family theory and research to clinical implementation
- An evidence-based, clinical focus emphasizing today’s families
- Case studies with family genograms and ecomaps
- Three family nursing theories—Family Systems Theory, Developmental and Family Life Cycle Theory, and Bioecological Theory —are threaded throughout the book and are applied in many of the chapter case studies.
- Canadian-specific content throughout
- Coverage of families dealing with end-of-life issues