Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: 1460 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
In Grounded Theory and Grounded Theorizing: Pragmatism in Research Practice, author Antony Bryant illustrates the key features of grounded theory method by showcasing examples from several of his most successful doctoral students. In this accessible volume, Bryant provides expert guidance on the use of grounded theory method in qualitative research by emphasizing and illustrating the essential features and background of the method for readers and researchers of all levels and competencies.
Antony Bryant is Professor of Informatics at Leeds Beckett University (formerly Leeds Polytechnic, and Leeds Metropolitan University) in the United Kingdom.
He has been Professor of Informatics since 1994, teaching a range of courses at undergraduate and post-graduate levels; also developing and teaching a wide range of post-graduate courses in The Netherlands, South Africa, Malaysia, and China. He has supervised over 40 doctoral students, in topics including formal specification of software systems, development of quality and maturity frameworks, new forms of business modelling, and various aspects of e-government and e-democracy.
He has written and taught extensively on research methods, with a particular interest in qualitative research methods, and the grounded theory method in particular.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Not Another Book on Grounded Theory
Part I: Research and Research Methods
1. Why (do) Research?
2. Research Methods
Part II: The Grounded Theory Method: Background and Overview
3. 1967 And All That
4. The Grounded Theory Method: An Overview
Part III: Grounded Theorizing
5. Coding: Terminology and Clarification
6. A Coding Exercise
7. An Abbreviated Example: Research Pitching
8. Process and Procedure: Getting Started and Moving Forwards
9. Coding Strategies: Tales From the Front-line
10. Reflecting and Recording: Memoing and Reflective Research Practice
11. Moving On: Later Sampling, Coding and Analyzing
12. Getting to an End-point: Theoretical Saturation
13. Abduction: No Longer an Alien Concept
Part IV: Themes and Variations
14. A Grounded Theory of Grounded Theory Journal Papers
15. Another View of GTM: Another Way of Modelling
16. It's All in the Big Data: Data, Big Data, and GTM
17. GTM and Pragmatism: Instrumental Theorizing
18. GTM as a Guide to Good Research Practice
19. Four Accounts of Grounded Theorizing
20. The Survival of the Grounded Theorist
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.