Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Habermas and the Media offers an accessible introduction, as well as a critical investigation of how Habermas’s thinking can help us to understand and assess our contemporary communication environment – and where his framework needs revision and extension.
Full of original and sometimes surprising insights, this book is essential reading for scholars and students of media, political communication, and democracy, as well as anyone seeking guidance through Habermas’s rich world of thought.
Table of Contents
- List of Figures and Tables
- Chapter 1: The Bourgeois Public Sphere and its Critics
- Chapter 2: Nurturing Communicative Action
- Chapter 3: Media for Deliberative Democracy
- Chapter 4: Mediated Public Spheres
- Chapter 5: Deliberative Qualities of News and Discussion Media
- Chapter 6: Non-Deliberative Media Discourse
- Chapter 7: Counterpublics and the Role of Emotions
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.