David S. Dockery (PhD, University of Texas) is distinguished professor of theology and theologian-in-residence at the B.H. Carroll Center for Baptist Heritage and Mission at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and president of the International Alliance for Christian Education.
Nathan A. Finn (PhD, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) is provost and dean of the university faculty at North Greenville University.
Table of Contents
1. God’s Existence – Jeremiah J. Johnston .
2. Revelation – Rhyne R. Putman
3. Holy Scripture – J. Matthew Pinson
4. Faith and Reason – Owen Strachan
5. Hermeneutics – Andrew Streett
6. The Role of Tradition – Luke Stamps
7. Christian Experience – Harry L. Poe
Part II: Types of Theology
8. Biblical Theology – J. Scott Duvall
9. Historical Theology – Jonathan Arnold
10. Philosophical Theology – R. L. Hatchett
11. Systematic Theology – John S. Hammett
12. Pastoral Theology – M. Justin Wainscott
Part III: Theology, History, and Geography
13. Patristic Theology – D. Jeffrey Bingham
14. Medieval Theology – Timothy George
15. Reformation Theology – J. Andrew Dickerson and Stephen B. Eccher
16. Modern Theology – W. Madison Grace II
17. Global Theology – Christy Thornton
Part IV: Christian Doctrines
18. The Trinity – Malcolm B. Yarnell III
19. God’s Attributes – Adam Harwood
20. God’s Covenants – Oren R. Martin
21. Creation – Kenneth D. Keathley
22. Providence – R. Stanton Norman
23. Humanity – Jacob Shatzer
24. Sin – Matthew J. Hall
25. The Person of Christ – Daniel L. Akin
26. The Work of Christ – R. Alan Streett
27. Justification – Dongsun Cho
28. Sanctification – Nathan A. Finn
29. Glorification – Matt Wireman
30. The Holy Spirit – Katie J. McCoy
31. The Church – Jeremy Kimble
32. Last Things – Craig A. Blaising
Part V: Theology and the Christian Life
33. The Gospel – Robert B. Sloan
34. Church Membership – Jonathan Leeman
35. Baptism – Christopher Chun
36. The Lord’s Supper – Mark Devine
37. Spiritual Formation and Discipleship – Stefana Dan Laing
38. Worship – Preben Vang .
39. Preaching – Robert Smith Jr.
40. Theology for Evangelism and Missions – David S. Dockery
41. Spiritual Gifts – Chuck Lawless
42. Prayer – Susan Booth
43. Stewardship – Evan Lenow
Part VI: Theology and Culture
44. Religious Liberty – Hunter Baker
45. Church and State – Jonathan Leeman
46. The Sanctity of Human Life – C. Ben Mitchell
47. Racial Reconciliation – Walter R. Strickland II and Brian Davis
48. Marriage and Sexuality – Mark D. Liederbach
49. Theology, the Arts, and Literature – Karen Swallow Prior
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.