I Love a Fire Fighter What the Family Needs to Knowby Kirschman, Ellen
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Table of Contents
I. Two In/Two Out: Building and Strengthening Your Resilient Relationship
1. The Givens and Realities of the Fire Service
2. Spillover: Managing the Relationship between Home and Work
3. Relationships: Signs of Trouble, Signs of Strength
II. Answering the Call: Fire Fighters and Their Careers
4. Profiles: The Fire Fighter Personality
5. Climbing the Career Ladder: From Recruitment to Retirement
III. Beyond Burning Buildings
6. Emergency Medical Services
7. Wildland Fire and Trauma
IV. The Hot Zone: Staying Safe
8. Injuries, Fatalities, and Challenges to Health
9. Improving Safety
V. Trauma and Stress
10. Trauma: An Overview
11. Protective Factors: A Caring Organization, Resilience, and Posttraumatic Growth
12. Getting Help for PTSI: What to Aim For, Where to Go
13. Families and Trauma
14. Helping Yourself
15. Children and Trauma
VI. Fire Fighters in Hot Water
16. Addiction and Arson
17. Domestic Abuse and Suicide
VII. Special Families
18. Fire-Fighting Couples
19. Diversity: Women, Ethnic Minorities, and LGBTQ Fire Fighters on the Job
VIII. Getting the Help You Need When You Need It
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.