This unique volume, widely adopted for text use, presents an integrative approach to the process of personality assessment. The book addresses such issues as: - What questions should a personality assessment address? - What types of information are necessary to complete an assessment? - What instruments are needed to answer the questions? - How can the data be integrated and understood once various types have been collected? - How can the integrated assessment be best utilized in treatment planning? While maintaining the standardized administration methods necessary for using test norms and comparing results across subjects, the approach described in this text shows how to construct a "moving picture" that takes into account the complexities of individual personalities and provides insights that will be invaluable in deriving effective treatment strategies. An ideal textbook for graduate courses in personality assessment, this book also serves as a useful guide and reference for practicing psychologists and counselors regardless of orientation.
T. Mark Harwood, PhD, is the former Director of Clinical Training and Core Faculty in Wheaton College\u2019s Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology. He has had extensive experience as a clinician, investigator, faculty member, and administrator, and has published widely in professional journals and textbooks, with a primary focus on psychotherapy outcome research. He is currently in private practice in St. Charles, Illinois.
Larry E. Beutler, PhD, is the William McInnes Distinguished Professor and former Chair of the PhD Programs at Palo Alto University\u2019s Pacific Graduate School of Psychology. He is also Consulting Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Beutler is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychological Society and is the author of 23 books and over 400 scholarly papers and chapters.
Gary Groth-Marnat, PhD, ABPP, ABAP, is Professor of Clinical Psychology at Pacifica Graduate Institute and a psychologist in private practice in Santa Barbara, California. He is the author of 150 chapters/journal articles and four books. Dr. Groth-Marnat is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 12), Fellow of the Society for Personality Assessment, Diplomate of the American Board of Professional Psychology, Diplomate of the American Board of Assessment Psychology, and recipient of numerous awards.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality, Larry E. Beutler, Rita Rosner, Gary Groth-Marnat, T. Mark Harwood, and Hui-Qi Tong
2. Approaching the Patient: Referral Contexts, Text Selection, and Clinical Judgment, Gary Groth-Marnat, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, and Lisa Joseph
3. Identifying Treatment-Relevant Assessment: Systematic Treatment Selection/InnerLife, T. Mark Harwood, Larry E. Beutler, Oliver B. Williams, and R. Scott Stegman
4. The Integrative Clinical Interview, Paulo Machado, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, David Mohr, and Samarea Lenore
5. Integrating Intelligence and Personality, Elizabeth J. Austin, Gregory J. Boyle, Gary Groth-Marnat, Gerald Matthews, Donald H. Saklofske, Vicki L. Schwean, and Moshe Zeidner
6. The MMPI-2, James N. Butcher, Larry E. Beutler, T. Mark Harwood, and Kathy Blau
7. The Personality Assessment Inventory, Leslie C. Morey, Sara E. Lowmaster, T. Mark Harwood, and Daniel Pratt
8. The Millon Clinical Multiaxial Inventory–III, Paul D. Retzlaff, Thomas Dunn, and T. Mark Harwood
9. The NEO Inventories, Robert R. McCrae, T. Mark Harwood, and Sarah L. Kelly
10. The Rorschach and Performance-Based Assessment, Radhika Krishnamurthy, Robert P. Archer, and Gary Groth-Marnat
11. Integrative Personality Assessment in Special Settings, Gary Groth-Marnat, Ronald A. Stolberg, Bruce Bongar, and Keith Burke
12. Integrative Personality Assessment with Older Adults and Ethnic Minorities, Martha R. Crowther, Audrey L. Austin, Forrest Scogin, T. Mark Harwood, and Sean Harrell
13. Applying Assessment Information: Decision Making, Patient Feedback, and Consultation, Richard W. Lewak, R. Sean Hogan, Larry E. Beutler, and Xiaoxia Song
14. The Integrated Psychological Report, Steven Kvaal, James Choca, Gary Groth-Marnat, and Ari Davis
Appendix A. Test Scores for D. K. by Chapter
Appendix B. Test Publishers/Distributors
Appendix C. Systematic Treatment Selection™ Analysis