Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: 1460 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Patrick Milton, independent scholar,
Patrick Milton is the co-author of the book Towards a Westphalia for the Middle East (2018, with Michael Axworthy and Brendan Simms). He has written for several publications, including The English Historical Review, Foreign Affairs, German History, European History Quarterly, The New Statesman, Journal of the History of International Law, and Central European History. He studied ,researched and taught history and international relations at Warwick, Mainz, Berlin, and Cambridge, where he was a Research Fellow after receiving his PhD.
Table of Contents
1. Legal foundations: Imperial constitutional law and the Law of Nations and Nature
PART ONE. European Interventions in Central Europe
2. Interventions in central Europe I: c.1500-1618
3. Interventions in central Europe II: 1618-1645
4. Guarantees and interventions: European powers and the Empire, 1645-1780
PART TWO. Intervention as Judicial Execution within the Holy Roman Empire
5. Intervention in defence of mediate subjects: the smallest territories, c.1500-1780
6. Intervention in small principalities: the case of Nassau-Siegen, 1699-c.1724
7. Intervention in medium-sized principalities: the case of Mecklenburg-Schwerin 1713-1730
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.