This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Table of Contents
Note on Terminology
List of Figures
List of Tables
Introduction, N. C. Fleming
1. I INTERNATIONAL CONTEXTS Confederates, Boers, or Silesians? Analogies to World History in Arguments about Partition during the Irish Revolution, Jason Knirck
2. Partition and Peacemaking after the Great War, Erik Goldstein
3. A Conflict over Credentials: Ireland- Australia, 1953- 1964, Lorna Lloyd
4. II SOCIETY AND ECONOMY Sport and the Partition of Ireland, Cormac Moore
5. Two Ulsters: Repartition, Retrospect, and Prospect, Liam Kennedy
6. A 'Dreary Fantasy'? George O'Brien, Political Determinism, and the Economic Consequences of Partition, Graham Brownlow
7. III BORDER CONFLICT Partition and North-West Ireland, c.1910-1925, Okan Ozseker
8. Moving Away From the 'Bandit Country' Myth, Patrick Mulroe
9. Margaret Thatcher, Repartition, and Cross-Border Security, 1979-1990, Stephen Kelly
10. IV NATIONALISM Political Propaganda: The 'Frontier State' in the Writings of Dorothy Macardle, Leeann Lane
11. Redefining Partition: John Hume and the Evolution of Nationalist Thinking on a Divided Ireland, P. J. McLoughlin
12. Irish Partition: The Birth and Consolidation of Catch-all Parties, Sean McGraw
13. V UNIONISM 'It does not matter what the authors meant': Covenanters in Conflict, 1916-1920, Timothy G. McMahon
14. The Conservative Right, Ulster Unionism, and the Partition of Ireland, N. C. Fleming
Notes on Contributors
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.