Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Table of Contents
I. The Celts, Catholicism and the middle ages
1. Gaelic and Catholic in the early middle ages – Bernhard Maier
2. Catholic Ireland, 'the island of saints and scholars': myth or reality? – Donnchahd Ó Corráin
3. Late medieval cultural Catholicism – Salvador Ryan
II. Early modern struggles
4. Irish Political Catholicism from 1530s to 1660 – David Finnegan
5. The 'absenting of the bishop of Armagh': Eucharistic controversy and the English origins of Irish Catholic identity – James Murray
6. Henry Fitzsimon, the Irish Jesuits and Catholic identity in the early modern period – Brian Jackson
7. Gaelic Catholicism and the Plantation of Ulster – Raymond Gillespie
III. Identity formation in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries
8. Irish language sources for Catholic identity in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries – Éamonn Ó Ciardha
9. The penal laws against the Catholics: were they too good for them? – Thomas Bartlett
IV. Culture, women and the American diaspora
10. Irish Catholic culture in the nineteenth century: a study in perjury – Owen Dudley Edwards
11. The voices of Catholic women in Ireland 1800–1921 – Caitriona Clear
12. Irish diaspora Catholicism in North America – David Doyle
V. English Catholics and Irish identity
13. Brethren in Christ: Frederick Lucas and social Catholicism in Ireland – Patrick Maume
14. The 'greening' of Cardinal Manning – Fergal Casey
VI. Faith wealth and Catholic Unionism
15. Power, wealth and Catholic identity – Ciaran O'Neill
16. The Esmondes of Co. Wexford and Catholic loyalty – Richard Keogh and James Connel
17. Catholic Unionism: a case study – Sir Denis Stanislaus Henry Eamon Phoenix
VII. Contemporary expressions of Catholic and Irish identity
18. Identity and political fragmentation in independent Ireland 1923–1983 – Louise Fuller
19. Secular prayers: Catholic imagination, modern Irish writing and the case of John McGahern – Frank Shovlin
20. Catholic-Christian identity and modern Irish poetry – Bernard O'Donoghue
21. Violent republicanism and the claims of Catholicism – Oliver P. Rafferty
22. Catholicism and the future of Irish Identity – Niall Coll
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.