Lehninger’s Principles of Biochemistry earned acclaim for its presentation and organization of complex concepts and connections, anchored in the principles of biochemistry. This legacy continues in the eighth edition with a new framework that highlights the principles and supports student learning.
Downloadable: 120 Days
Downloadable: 130 Days
Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Table of Contents
1. The Foundations of Biochemistry
I STRUCTURE AND CATALYSIS
2. Water, the Solvent of Life
3. Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
4. The Three-Dimensional Structure of Proteins
5. Protein Function
7. Carbohydrates and Glycobiology
8. Nucleotides and Nucleic Acids
9. DNA-Based Information Technologies
11. Biological Membranes and Transport
12. Biochemical Signaling
II BIOENERGETICS AND METABOLISM
13. Introduction to Metabolism
14. Glycolysis, Gluconeogenesis, and the Pentose Phosphate Pathway
15. The Metabolism of Glycogen in Animals
16. The Citric Acid Cycle
17. Fatty Acid Catabolism
18. Amino Acid Oxidation and the Production of Urea
19. Oxidative Phosphorylation
20. Photosynthesis and Carbohydrate Synthesis in Plants
21. Lipid Biosynthesis
22. Biosynthesis of Amino Acids, Nucleotides, and Related Molecules
23. Hormonal Regulation and Integration of Mammalian Metabolism
III INFORMATION PATHWAYS
24. Genes and Chromosomes
25. DNA Metabolism
26. RNA Metabolism
27. Protein Metabolism
28. Regulation of Gene Expression
Abbreviated Solutions to Problems
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.