Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Civil War Trail Road Tripsis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Visit the Civil War battlefields where it all took place, immerse yourself in the lively music culture of the South, and admire the Antebellum architecture of Charleston and Natchez - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Civil War Trail and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Civil War Trail Road Trips:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Washington, Virginia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Civil War Trail Road Trips is our most comprehensive guide to driving the Civil War Trail, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA guide for an in-depth look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveler's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)