Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Allen White is a Research Associate in the Institute for Social Sciences in the Twenty-first Century, University College, Cork, Republic of Ireland.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Ireland and its relationship with migration – Allen White and Mary Gilmartin
Part I: Networks
1. Transnational networks across generations: childhood visits to Ireland by the second-generation in England – Bronwen Walter
2. 'Two Irelands beyond the sea': Exploring long-distance loyalist networks in the 1880s – William Jenkins
3. Migration integration and the 'network-making power' of the Irish Catholic Church – Breda Gray
4. Ireland's Diaspora Strategy: Diaspora for Development? – Mark Boyle, Rob Kitchin and Delphine Ancien
5. Transnational media networks and the 'Migration Nation' – Aphra Kerr, Rebecca King O'Riain and Gavan Titley
Part II: Belonging
6. Children's words, children's worlds: exploring the experiences of migrant children in Ireland – Allen White, Naomi Tyrrell, Fina Carpena-Méndez and Caitríona Ní Laoire
7. African migrants in Ireland: the negotiation of belonging and family life – Liam Coakley
8. (Re)negotiating belonging: the Irish in Australia – Patricia M. O'Connor
9. Betwixt, Between and Belonging: Negotiating Identity and Place in Asylum Seeker Direct Provision Accommodation Centres – Angèle Smith
Part III: Intersections
10. A Countertopography of Migrant Experience in Ireland and Beyond – Deirdre Conlon
11. Unbounding migration studies: the intersections of language, space and time – Bettina Migge and Mary Gilmartin
12. Context, scale, and generation: the constructions of belonging – Jamie Goodwin-White
Conclusion: the place of migration – Mary Gilmartin and Allen White
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.