Lippincott® Connect Featured Title
Purchase the new print edition of this Lippincott® Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of the book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Develop the skills needed to proficiently evaluate a patient’s present functional status and create effective range of motion and muscle strength goals.
This updated fourth edition of Hazel Clarkson’s Musculoskeletal Assessment: Joint Range of Motion, Muscle Testing, and Function: A Research-Based Practical Guide offers a straight forward student-friendly approach to learning the clinical evaluation of Joint Range of Motion (ROM), Muscle Length, and Manual Muscle Testing (MMT). Now in striking full color, the fourth edition provides the right amount of detail students need to prepare for effective practice.
Each chapter is devoted to a separate anatomical region to help Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists-in-training hone their understanding of pertinent surface and deep anatomy. The clear narrative outlines the steps taken in the assessment techniques and interpreting the results and is enhanced by a strong art program with meticulously created color illustrations and photographs that demonstrate patient and therapist positions and instrument placement.
- NEW! Full-color photos and colorized line illustrations help students master key techniques in conjunction with the pertinent anatomy.
- Reviews of articulations, movements, and muscle anatomy set the foundation for all of the assessment techniques.
- Online Practice Makes Perfect-Summary & Evaluation Forms (PMP Forms) list the criteria and correct sequence for performing each assessment technique.
- NEW! Color-coded chapters with “Quick Find” table of contents make it easy to locate key information.
- Functional Applications of assessment findings help in setting treatment goals to restore or maintain movement and strength to meet the requirements for activities of daily living (ADL).
- A video library, mapped to this text, covering ROM and MMT, accessible online via thePoint, make it easy to master key concepts and techniques.
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, including interactive diagrams, video tutorials, flashcards, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
- Navigate seamlessly between book chapters, sections, self-assessments, notes and highlights in a single view/page.