Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Renowned for its comprehensive coverage, exceptional illustrations, and clear instructions, Patternmaking for Fashion Design offers detailed yet easy-to-understand explanations of the essence of patternmaking.
Hinging on a recurring theme that all designs are based on one or more of the three major patternmaking and design principles–dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring–it provides students with all the relevant information necessary to create design patterns with accuracy regardless of their complexity. Some innovative, new information in this book include:
-Updated with modern, cutting-edge sketches and designs.
-DVD included in the back of the book.
-Ribbing added to the knit section of Chapter 27.
-More materials on children's wear and swim wear.
-Advanced design projects
-A practical introduction to patternmaking
-Complete coverage of the three steps of design patterns: dart manipulation, added fullness, and contouring.
Table of Contents
2. Form Measurements and Figure Analysis
3. Drafting the Basic Pattern Set
4. Dart Manipulation. (Principle #1)
5. Designing with Darts (Tuck-Darts, Pleats, Flare and Gathers)
7. Added Fullness (Principle #2)
8. Yokes, Flanges, Pin-Tucks, and Pleat Tucks
9. Contouring (Principle #3)
11. Built-up Necklines
13. Skirts/Circles and Cascades
15. Kimono, Raglan, Drop Shoulder, Exaggerated Armholes
16. Buttons, Buttonholes, and Facings
17. Plackets and Pockets
18. Dresses without Wasteline Seams (Based on Torso Foundation)
19. Strapless Foundations and Interconstruction
20. Patternmaking for Bias-Cut Dresses
22. Women’s Jackets and Coats
23. Men’s Wear
24. Capes and Hoods
25. Knock-Off Copying Ready-Made Designs
27. Knits — Stretch and Shrinkage Factors
28. Knit Top Foundations
29. Activewear for Dance and Exercise
31. Introduction to Childrenswear
32. Drafting the Basic Pattern Set: Measurement Taking, Standard Measurement Charts
33. Collars, Sleeves, and Skirts
34. Dresses and Jumpers
36. Pants and Jumpsuits
37. Bodysuits, Leotards, Mailott, and Swimwear
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.