Of the People A History of the United States, Volume 2: Since 1865by Oakes, James; McGerr, Michael; Lewis, Jan Ellen; Cullather, Nick; Boydston, Jeanne; Summers, Mark; Townsend, Camilla
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
This comprehensive survey focuses on the social and political lives of people--some famous, some ordinary--revealing the compelling story of America's democracy from an individual perspective, from across the landscapes of diverse communities, and ultimately from within the larger context of the world.
New to the Second Edition
* Updated scholarship, with enhanced coverage of democracy
* Expanded coverage of Native American societies, heavily revised coverage of the Gilded Age, and integrated material on slavery and African-American history
* A revised final chapter that covers the financial crisis that began in 2008, the death of bin Laden, and the Tea Party
* Current maps and charts that reflect the most recent census data
* New Additions to "American Portrait," "American Landscape," and "America and the World" features
* New visual review diagrams, enhanced critical-thinking pedagogy, and additional pedagogical aids
James Oakes, City University of New York Graduate Center
Michael McGerr, Indiana University-Bloomington
Jan Ellen Lewis, Rutgers University, Newark
Nick Cullather, Indiana University-Bloomington
Jeanne Boydston, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Mark Summers, University of Kentucky-Lexington
Camilla Townsend, Rutgers University, New Brunswick
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.