- eBOOK AVAILABLE. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- NEW AUTHOR: Judi Nath, instructor of Medical Terminology and A&P at Lourdes University, brings her expertise to the new edition.
- REORGANIZED! Chapters are now aligned with the table of contents of A&P texts to make the book easier to navigate.
- NEW! Chapter-opening learning objectives prepare students for the content that follows.
- UPDATED! Pronunciations now match those in Stedman’s Medical Dictionary but are shown phonetically to reflect the book’s focus on oral communication.
- REVISED ART PROGRAM! More contemporary figures modernize the book’s look and feel and each disease section now includes at least one photo.
- AN INTRODUCTORY CHAPTER covers the basics of terminology.
- A BODY SYSTEM OVERVIEW provides the minimal coverage of Anatomy and Physiology students need to associate the terminology with the anatomy.
- HUNDREDS OF PRACTICE EXERCISES—available in self-instruction frames and program review frames—include a variety of question types, including fill-in-the-blank.
Table of Contents
Chapter2 Integumentary System
Chapter3 Musculoskeletal System
Chapter4 Nervous System and Psychiatry
Chapter5 The Eye
Chapter6 The Ear
Chapter7 Endocrine System
Chapter8 Blood and Lymphatic System
Chapter9 Cardiovascular System
Chapter10 Respiratory System
Chapter11 Digestive System
Chapter12 Urinary System
Chapter13 Male Reproductive System
Chapter14 Female Reproductive System and Obstetrics