Promoting Emotional Resilience Cognitive-Affective Stress Management Trainingby Smith, Ronald E.; Ascough, James C.
Downloadable: 120 Days
Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
James C. Ascough, PhD, is retired and in part-time private practice at Mascouten Associates in West Lafayette, Indiana. He served on the faculties of the University of Georgia and Purdue University, and was Director of Child and Adolescent Services at Wabash Valley Hospital in West Lafayette, Indiana. Dr. Ascough's research focused on autonomic nervous system arousal, measures of affect, and models of cognitive imagery and behavior change. He is a recipient of the Sagamore of the Wabash Award, Indiana’s highest state honor, for his contributions to youth mental health.
Table of Contents
1. Emotion, Stress, and Coping: Implications for Intervention
2. An Overview of Cognitive–Affective Stress Management Training
3. Emotion Elicitation in Psychotherapy: The Induced Affect Technique
4. Preparation, Initial Assessment, and Session 1
5. Session 2: Cognitive Coping Skills—Introduction to Cognitive Restructuring and Self Instructional Training
6. Session 3: Induced Affect Reduction Using Relaxation and the Integrated Coping Response
7. Session 4: Induced Affect Skills Rehearsal and Introduction to Meditation and Mindfulness
8. Session 5: Integrated Coping Response Practice, Acceptance, and Cognitive Defusion Training
9. Session 6: Coping Skills Rehearsal and Additional Strategies
Appendix A: Handouts and Forms for Clients
Appendix B: Materials for Therapists/Trainers
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.