Adhering to Common Core State Standards, Ready to Learn: Second Grade Reading Workbook provides students ages 6 to 8 with the tools and skills they need to build on the foundational knowledge they have already acquired in previous grades. Accompanied by bright and colorful illustrations, the activities in this workbook explain concepts such as phonics, sight words, rhyming words, fiction and nonfiction, and reading comprehension. Ready to Learn: Second Grade Reading Workbook will make a ready reader out of students.
- Explains decoding skills such as consonant blends, digraphs, long vowels, soft sounds, and more.
- Helps develop reading comprehension.
- Includes elements of a story such as main ideas and important details, plus authors’ purposes such as to entertain, to inform, or to persuade.
- 64 full-color and illustrated pages.
- Meets Common Core State Standards.
- Answer key at the end of the book.
- Includes a Certificate of Achievement to celebrate completion.
Developed for kids entering pre-kindergarten all the way through third grade, Silver Dolphin’s Ready to Learn series of educational and engaging workbooks, workpads, write & wipe formats, and flash cards will put young learners on the path to success. Focusing on three key subjects—reading, writing, and math—each grade level is vetted by experts in early education to adhere to the Common Core State Standards Initiative. Foundational, buildable skills are introduced, developed, and reinforced with colorful illustrations and familiar learning formats that will encourage learning confidence as kids benefit from extra educational opportunities outside the classroom.