- eBOOK AVAILABLE. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- MODERNIZED AND MORE APPROACHABLE. This edition reflects today’s practice environment and has been rewritten to be even more user-friendly for students.
- INCREASED ALIGNMENT WITH A&P TEXTS. The chapter on special senses of sight and hearing (formerly Chapter 15) now appears directly after Chapter 7, The Nervous System.
- UPDATED. Pronunciations match those in Stedman’s Medical Dictionary but are shown phonetically to reflect the book’s focus on oral communication.
- IMPROVED! The full-color art program—now even more accurate and contemporary—features new photos, illustrations, and figures with enhanced text-art integration.
- STANDARDIZED: To facilitate learning, key elements in each chapter (headings, study tables, end-of-chapter exercises, pronunciations, side bars, and quick checks) are now presented in a standard format.
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION SECTIONS use full-color illustrations to help students learn basic anatomy and physiology.
- CASE STUDIES connect chapter material to clinical settings through real-world applications of medical terms,
- IN-TEXT LEARNING AIDS include learning outcomes, study tables that summarize terms, abbreviations tables that list common abbreviations and their meanings, and end-of-chapter exercises that help students master key terminology and word parts.
Table of Contents
Chapter2 Common Prefixes and Suffixes
Chapter3 Organization of the Body
Chapter4 The Integumentary System
Chapter5 The Skeletal System
Chapter6 The Muscular System
Chapter7 The Nervous System
Chapter8 The Special Senses of Sight and Hearing
Chapter9 The Endocrine System
Chapter10 The Cardiovascular System
Chapter11 The Lymphatic System and Immunity
Chapter12 The Respiratory System
Chapter13 The Digestive System
Chapter14 The Urinary System
Chapter15 The Reproductive System