Sunningdale, the Ulster Workers' Council strike and the struggle for democracy in Northern Irelandby McCann, David; McGrattan, Cillian
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Table of Contents
Part I: Introduction and overview of the Sunningdale Agreement
1. Introduction: David McCann and Cillian McGrattan
2. The Ulster Workers' Council strike: the perfect storm - Gordon Gillespie
3. Understanding aspiration, anxiety, assumption and ambiguity: the anatomy of Sunningdale - Arthur Aughey
Part II: The lessons of Sunningdale: the key protagonists
4. Sunningdale and the Irish dimension: a step too far? - John Coakley
5. British government policy post 1974: learning slowly between Sunningdales? - Eamonn O'Kane
6. British security policy and the Sunningdale Agreement: the consequences of using force to combat terrorism in a liberal democracy - Aaron Edwards
7. Sunningdale and the limits of 'rejectionist' unionism - Stuart Aveyard and Shaun McDaid
8. Stan Orme and the road to 'industrial democracy': British attempts at the politicisation of working class Protestants in Northern Ireland, 1973-5 - Tony Craig
9. Power-sharing and the Irish dimension: the conundrum for the SDLP in Northern Ireland - Sarah Campbell
10. '1974 - Year of Liberty'? The Provisional IRA and Sunningdale - Henry Patterson
Part III: The legacies of Sunningdale
11. Cultural responses to and the legacies of Sunningdale - Connal Parr
12. 'Slow learners'? Comparing the Sunningdale Agreement and the Belfast/Good Friday Agreement - Thomas Hennessey
Appendix: The Sunningdale Agreement
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.