Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
The premier text for therapeutic exercise!
Here is all the guidance you need to customize interventions for individuals with movement dysfunction. You’ll find the perfect balance of theory and clinical technique—in-depth discussions of the principles of therapeutic exercise and manual therapy and the most up-to-date exercise and management guidelines.
Full-color videos show you how!
A complete video library of basic therapeutic exercises and techniques online at www.DavisPlus.com shows you how to achieve the best results for range of motion, stretching, joint mobilization, resistance, and spinal stabilization. You will also find supplemental tables and boxes and a glossary.
See what students and practitioners are saying online about the previous edition…
Great book… “with great explanation, descriptions and pictures to describe the various interventions that can be used for specific patient complaints or conditions. Highly recommended!”—Natalie B. Martinez
Great Standard. “This book is a must have for any orthopedic physical therapist. Now it is even better with ICF information in it.”—R.F. Sousa
Good buy.“Initially bought this book for PT school. It's quite substantial. Most definitely one of the books I do not plan to sell after I am done with the program. Would recommend.”—Talisa Swanson
Table of Contents
Unit 1. General Concepts
1. Therapeutic Exercise: Foundational Concepts
2. Prevention, Health and Wellness
Unit 2. Applied Science of Exercise and Techniques
3. Range of Motion
4. Stretching for Impaired Mobility
5. Peripheral Joint Mobilization
6. Resistance Exercise for Impaired Muscle Performance
7. Principles of Aerobic Exercise
8. Exercise for Impaired Balance
9. Aquatic Exercise
Unit 3. Principles of Intervention
10. Soft Tissue Injury, Repair, and Management
11. Joint, Connective Tissue, and Bone Disorders and Their Management
12. Surgical Interventions and Postoperative Management
13. Peripheral Nerve Disorders and Management
Unit 4. Exercise Interventions by Body Region
14. The Spine: Structure, Function, and Posture
15. The Spine: Management Guidelines
16. The Spine: Exercise and Manipulation Interventions
17. The Shoulder and Shoulder Girdle
18. The Elbow and Forearm Complex
19. The Wrist & Hand
20. The Hip
21. The Knee
22. The Ankle & Foot
23. Advanced Functional Training
Unit 5. Special Areas of Therapeutic Exercise
24. Exercise for the Older Adult
25. Women's Health: Obstetrics and Pelvic Floor
26. Management of Lymphatic Disorders
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.