Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Justine Hamilton, MClSc, MBA, is Assistant Professor and Director of Clinical Education in the Speech–Language Pathology Program at the School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ms. Hamilton joined McMaster to help develop the first problem-based learning program in speech–language pathology in North America. Her teaching responsibilities include problem-based tutorial and clinical skills lab courses. Prior to joining McMaster, Ms. Hamilton was the cofounder of a speech–language pathology practice with three locations across southern Ontario. Her interests include assessment and treatment of aphasia and cognitive–communication disorders as well as objective measurement of meaningful, real-world outcomes.
Lyn S. Turkstra, PhD, is Assistant Dean and Professor in the Speech–Language Pathology Program at the School of Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. She is a clinical speech–language pathologist by training and senior scholar in the field of acquired cognitive–communication disorders. Dr. Turkstra's research aims to advance our understanding of cognitive mechanisms underlying communication disorders, and to translate research findings into assessment and intervention methods that improve life participation for adolescents and adults with acquired brain injury. Dr. Turkstra has coauthored national and international practice guidelines in cognitive rehabilitation for both civilian and military populations.
Table of Contents
2. Cognition: What Clinicians Need to Know
3. Practicing Psychological Mindedness in Cognitive Rehabilitation, Katharine Seagly, Brigid Waldron-Perrine, McKay Moore Sohlberg, Rose Dunn, Pauline Mashima, Diane Paul, & Kelly Ann Peña
4. Applying RTSS and Systematic Instruction to Cognitive Rehabilitation
5. The PIE Framework: A Roadmap for Intervention
6. Training Discrete Facts and Routines
7. Cognitive Strategy Instruction
8. External Cognitive Aid Instruction
9. Supporting Social Competence after Brain Injury
III. Special Considerations
10. Cognitive Rehabilitation in the Inpatient Setting, Tessa Hart, Mary K. Ferraro, & Amanda R. Rabinowitz
11. Computer-Based Cognitive Rehabilitation
12. Cognitive Rehabilitation for Functional Cognitive Symptoms, Rose Dunn, Pauline Mashima, Katharine Seagly, Brigid Waldron-Perrine, Diane Paul, McKay Moore Sohlberg, & Kelly Ann Peña
APPENDIX A. Glossary of Key Memory and Learning Terms
APPENDIX B. Mindfulness Resources
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.