Downloadable: 120 Days
Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
New to This Edition
*Incorporates major advances in research and clinical practice.
*Chapters on additional evidence-based individual treatments: prolonged exposure therapy, cognitive therapy, cognitive processing therapy, brief eclectic psychotherapy, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy, narrative exposure therapy, interpersonal psychotherapy, emotion-focused therapy, and the TARGET recovery model.
*Chapters on additional evidence-based group and conjoint family therapy models: attachment-based couple therapy and integrated treatment of co-occurring CTSDs and substance use disorders.
*Chapters on promising treatments: treatment for structural dissociation, experiential/somatotherapy approaches, mindfulness approaches, and complementary healing therapies.
See also Drs. Ford and Courtois's authored book, Treatment of Complex Trauma, which presents their own therapeutic approach for adult clients in depth, and their edited volume Treating Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders in Children and Adolescents.
Christine A. Courtois, PhD, ABPP, a counseling psychologist, is retired from clinical practice and now serves as a consultant/trainer on trauma psychology and treatment. She is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation. Dr. Courtois is a past president of APA Division 56 (Trauma Psychology) and served as Chair of the APA’s Clinical Practice Guideline for the Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in Adults. She has received the Award for Distinguished Contributions to Independent Practice from the APA, the Sarah Haley Award for Clinical Excellence from the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, the Award for Distinguished Service and Contributions to the Profession of Psychology from the American Board of Professional Psychology, and the APA Division 56 Lifetime Achievement Award. She is coeditor of Treating Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders in Adults, Second Edition, and Treating Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders in Children and Adolescents, and coauthor of Treatment of Complex Trauma: A Sequenced, Relationship-Based Approach.
Table of Contents
1. Defining and Understanding Complex Trauma and Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders, Julian D. Ford & Christine A. Courtois
2. Developmental Neurobiology, Julian D. Ford
3. Best Practices in Psychotherapy for Adults, Christine A. Courtois, Julian D. Ford, Marylene Cloitre, & Ulrich Schnyder
4. Therapeutic Alliance and Risk Management, Christine A. Courtois
5. Evidence-Based Psychological Assessment of the Sequelae of Complex Trauma, Joseph Spinazzola & John Briere
6. Assessing and Treating Complex Dissociative Disorders, Kathy Steele & Onno van der Hart
7. Cultural Humility and Spiritual Awareness, Laura S. Brown
8. New Perspectives on Vicarious Traumatization and Complex Trauma, Laurie Anne Pearlman, James Caringi, & Ashley R. Trautman
II. Evidence-Supported Individual Treatment Modalities and Models
9. Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Elizabeth Hembree & Edna B. Foa
10. Cognitive Therapy, Anke Ehlers & Hannah Murray
11. Cognitive Processing Therapy, Kathleen M. Chard, Ellen T. Healy, & Colleen E. Martin
12. Brief Eclectic Psychotherapy, Berthold Gersons, Mirjam J. Nijdam, Geert E. Smid, & Ulrich Schnyder
13. Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy, Deborah L. Korn & Francine Shapiro
14. Narrative Exposure Therapy, Maggie Schauer, Katy Robjant, Thomas Elbert, & Frank Neuner
15. Emotion-Focused Therapy, Sandra C. Paivio & Lynne E. Angus
16. Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Ari Lowell, Andrea Lopez-Yianilos, & John C. Markowitz
17. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Christie Jackson, Kore Nissenson, & Marylene Cloitre
18. Trauma Affect Regulation: Guide for Education and Therapy, Julian D. Ford
III. Group/Conjoint Therapy Models
19. Group Therapy, Julian D. Ford
20. Dual-Trauma Attachment-Based Couple Therapy, Pamela C. Alexander
21. Family Systems Therapy, Julian D. Ford
22. Complex Trauma and Addiction Treatment, Denise Hien, Lisa Caren Litt, Teresa López-Castro, & Lesia M. Ruglass
IV. Emerging Psychotherapy Models
23. Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Pat Ogden
24. Experiential Approaches, Janina Fisher
25. Mindfulness Approaches, Barbara L. Niles, Sarah Krill Williston, & DeAnna L. Mori
26. Complementary Healing Therapies, Stefanie F. Smith & Julian D. Ford
Epilogue: Overview and Future Directions in Treatment for Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders, Julian D. Ford & Christine A. Courtois
Afterword, Bessel A. van der Kolk
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.