The award-winning television and podcast host Joe Lamp’l is here with insider tips and next-level insight for creating a lush, fruitful, and resilient vegetable garden.
Just when you think you have a secure grip on what it takes to grow a vegetable garden, a pro like Joe comes along to surprise you with a wheelbarrow full of new-to-you information to knock your gardening socks right off. In The Vegetable Gardening Book, Joe distills insight from years interviewing highly experienced growers for public television’s Growing a Greener World and The joe gardener® Show Podcast along with his own extensive, hands-on knowledge of the craft to present practical and useful info on everything from starting seeds and selecting varieties to building the perfect tomato cage, encouraging pollinators, and creating biodiversity-rich soil in a 100% organic food garden. This book is essential reading for anyone interested in growing the best edible garden their backyard (or balcony!) has ever seen.
Inside you’ll find:
- Ideas for designing and laying out your garden for the greatest yields in the smallest amount of space
- A sure-fire plan for reducing maintenance and trimming down the traditional workload of a garden
- Detailed growing profiles of 40 of Joe’s favorite crops
- A handy reference chart with an easy-to-follow crop rotation plan
- Advice and tips for extending the growing season, building raised beds, setting up a potting station, and deciding which garden tools are worth your time and money
- Strategies to grow anywhere and everywhere—from in-ground garden beds and containers to grow bags and raised-bed planters
Among the most trusted, recognizable, and sought-after voicesin the gardening world, Joe Lamp’l is here to help you “Grow like a pro – no experience required!™”