Buy a new version of this textbook and receive access to the Connected eBook with Study Center on CasebookConnect, including: lifetime access to the online ebook with highlight, annotation, and search capabilities; practice questions from your favorite study aids; an outline tool and other helpful resources.
Widely hailed as one of the best casebooks in legal education, this comprehensive text combines interesting cases, thoughtful analysis, notes, images, and a clear organization for an excellent teaching tool. Cartoons, illustrations, case documents, and photographs provide engaging visual commentary. Sidebars on relevant persons, places, and things provide interesting and sometimes humorous context.
New to the Eleventh Edition:
- New section on will execution during the COVID-19 pandemic, with attention to reconciling “presence” with social distancing
- Updated and completely revised section on electronic or digital wills, with attention to the latest cases and statutes
- Updated to account for the 2021 and 2019 revisions to the Uniform Probate Code that, among other things, eliminated gender-based distinctions and expanded recognition of non-biological parent-child relationships
- Updated coverage of wealth and income inequality and new material on recent proposals for a wealth tax
- Updated and completely revised section on trust decanting, with attention to the latest statutory and case law developments
- Updated and completely revised section on asset protection trusts, with attention to key choice-of-law and fraudulent transfer principles
Professors and students will benefit from:
- Unique blend of wit, erudition, insight, and playfulness retained from the late Jesse Dukeminier
- Organization that covers all the key topics in a logical and clear format
- Interesting cases that are not only fun to read, but fun to teach
- Cases enhanced and connected to broader legal principles by well-written connective text, notes, questions, problems, and sidebars
- Arresting two-color design
- Cartoons, illustrations, wills and other case documents, and photographs that provide visual commentary and teaching aids