Working with Emotion in Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Techniques for Clinical Practiceby Thoma, Nathan C.; McKay, Dean
Downloadable: 120 Days
Downloadable: 180 Days
Downloadable: 365 Days
Downloadable: Lifetime Access
This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Dean McKay, PhD, ABPP, is Professor of Psychology at Fordham University, where he is a faculty member in the Doctoral Training Program in Clinical Psychology. He serves on the board of directors of the CBT specialty area of the American Board of Professional Psychology and is 2013-2014 President of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies. He also serves on the Scientific Advisory Board of the International Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Foundation and the Scientific Council of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America. Dr. McKay has published more than 195 articles, book chapters, and books, and is founder and codirector of a group private practice in White Plains, New York.
Table of Contents
I. Acceptance as Engagement: Noticing, Allowing, and Being with Emotion
1. Mindfulness: It’s Not What You Think, Christopher Germer & Christian S. Chan
2. Understanding and Taking Advantage of Experiential Work in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Jennifer C. Plumb Vilardaga, Matthieu Villatte, & Steven C. Hayes
3. Compassion -Focused Therapy: An Introduction to Experiential Interventions for Cultivating Compassion, Dennis Tirch & Paul Gilbert
II. Exposure: Evoking and Staying with Difficult Emotions
4. Exposure in Experiential Context: Imaginal and In Vivo Approaches, Dean McKay & Rachel Ojserkis
5. Behavioral Experiments: Using Experiences to Test Beliefs, Susan Daflos, Rachel Lunt, & Maureen Whittal
6. Application of Exposure and Emotional Processing Theory to Depression: Exposure-Based Cognitive Therapy, Adele M. Hayes, C. Beth Ready, & Charlotte Yasinski
7. Creating Change through Focusing on Affect: Affect Phobia Therapy, Kristin A. R. Osborn, Pål G. Ulvenes, Bruce E. Wampold, & Leigh McCullough
III. Using Imagery to Connect with Emotions and Transform Maladaptive Schemas and Beliefs
8. Imagery Rescripting for Personality Disorders: Healing Early Maladaptive Schemas, Arnoud Arntz
9. Imagery Rescripting for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Arnoud Arntz
10. Experiential Exercises and Imagery Rescripting in Social Anxiety Disorder: New Perspectives on Changing Beliefs, Jennifer Wild &. David M. Clark
IV. Emotion-Focused Approaches: Capturing and Enhancing In-Session Emotion as a Step toward Change
11. Integrating Emotion-Focused Therapy into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Nathan C. Thoma & Leslie S. Greenberg
12. Working with Modes in Schema Therapy, Eshkol Rafaeli, Offer Maurer, & Nathan C. Thoma
13. Emotional Schema Therapy, Robert L. Leahy
14. Emotion Regulation Therapy: An Experiential Approach to Chronic Anxiety and Recurring Depression, Mia Skytte O’Toole, Douglas S. Mennin, & David M. Fresco
V. Working with Interpersonal Process: Using Clients’ and Therapists’ Emotional Reactions to Each Other as Vehicles for Change
15. Relational Techniques in a Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Context: It's Bigger Than the Both of Us”, Jeremy D. Safran & Jessica Kraus
16. Adding an InterpersonalExperiential Focus to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Thane M. Erickson, Michelle G. Newman, & Adam McGuire
17. Functional Analytic Psychotherapy: Using Awareness, Courage, Love, and Behaviorism to Promote Change, Mavis Tsai, Andrew P. Fleming, Rick A. Cruz, Julia E. Hitch, &. Robert J. Kohlenberg
Conclusion. Experiential Methods, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and Next Steps in Emotional Engagement in Treatments, Dean McKay & Nathan C. Thoma
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.