This item is being sold by an Individual Seller and will not ship from the Online Bookstore's warehouse. The Seller must confirm the order within two business days. If the Seller refuses to sell or fails to confirm within this time frame, then the order is cancelled.
Please be sure to read the Description offered by the Seller.
Table of Contents
I. IMPACT OF CULTURAL DIVERSITY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT.
2. The Changing Law Enforcement Agency: A Microcosm of Society.
3. Multicultural Representation in Law Enforcement: Recruitment, Retention, and Promotion.
II. TRAINING IN CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT.
5. Cross-Cultural Communication for Law Enforcement.
III. CULTURAL SPECIFICS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT.
7. Law Enforcement Contact with African Americans.
8. Law Enforcement Contact with Latino/Hispanic Americans.
9. Law Enforcement Contact with Arab Americans and Other Middle Eastern Groups.
10. Law Enforcement Contact with American Indians.
IV. RESPONSE STRATEGIES FOR CRIMES MOTIVATE BY HATE/BIAS.
12. Hate/Bias Crimes: Reporting and Tracking.
13. Hate/Bias Crimes: Investigations, Control, and Victimology.
V. CULTURAL EFFECTIVENESS FOR PEACE OFFICERS.
15. Police Officer Professionalism and Peacekeeping Strategies.
Appendix A: Multicultural Community and Workforce: Attitude Assessment Survey.
Appendix B: Cultural Diversity Survey: Needs Assessment.
Appendix C: Listing of Consultants and Resources.
Appendix D: Self-Assessment of Communication Skills in Law Enforcement: Communications Inventory.
An electronic version of this book is available through VitalSource.
This book is viewable on PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and most smartphones.
By purchasing, you will be able to view this book online, as well as download it, for the chosen number of days.
A downloadable version of this book is available through the eCampus Reader or compatible Adobe readers.
Applications are available on iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Windows Mobile platforms.
Please view the compatibility matrix prior to purchase.